Job ID: JSTDE0012020
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Company: Jovian Software Consulting LLC.
Jovian is looking to strategically grow our team to meets the expanding needs of our customers. We are looking to add a Junior Engineer position to join our team to support multiple projects for the U.S. Army and other parts of the DoD.
A Junior Engineer performs engineering tasks focused on development of critical software tools and products that support the next generation weapon system development for the DoD. A Junior Engineer is expected to perform a broad range of engineering tasks supporting full lifecycle development including implementation, analysis, integration, and test as part of an integrated team.
- Develop functional, interface and technical requirements and use cases
- Develop UI prototypes for the tools when required
- Develop software tools using various IDEs, tool infrastructures, programming languages and deployment options
- Perform software tools verification by developing automated testing procedures, solutions, and frameworks
- Perform use acceptance testing and UI testing
- Follow the full lifecycle software development process of the tools
- Determine and execute the software deployment process
- Look for security vulnerabilities in coding
- Perform research in software tools technologies
- Collaborate with team members, project leads and customers
- Develop domain knowledge and expertise through training and mentorship
- Ability to collaborate
- Ability to solve problems
- Motivated to make a difference
- Integrity and honesty
- Desire to learn continuously
- Communication Skills
- Internship or Project Experience in the system and software development or related field
- Knowledge of object-oriented software architecture and design concepts
- Experience with collaborative projects
- Strong educational performance
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with model-based system engineering
- Experience in Aviation or Automotive domains as part of internships and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or related field.